Bekah Bowman is a coach’s wife, a special needs mom, speaker, and author of Can’t Steal My Joy. She is passionate about bridging the gap between churches and families with disabilities.
On this episode, she shares her story raising two sons with terminal illnesses, how joy and grief can coexist, and her vision for how communities, especially those of faith, can be more inclusive for people of all abilities.
Links to things we talked about…
- Can’t Steal My Joy by Bekah Bowman
- Joni and Friends
- IF: Gathering
- More information about Batten Disease
- “Overwhelmed” Message from Tim Doremus, Life.Church
- Key Ministry
- Ability Ministry
- SOAR Special Needs Ministry
- Choose to Worship by Rend Collective
- Disability and the Church: A Vision for Diversity and Inclusion by Lamar Hardwick
- The Practice: Shipping Creative Work by Seth Godin
- Try Softer: A Fresh Approach to Move Us out of Anxiety, Stress, and Survival Mode by Aundi Kolber
- The Next Right Thing Podcast with Emily P. Freeman, Episode 170: Try Softer with Aundi Kolber