After episode 14, we received quite a bit of feedback, most of it positive, but some of it was critical. The main complaint we got was that we should not have addressed Critical Race Theory without a Black person on the panel.
In this episode, Jamie Corbin and April discuss how they responded to the feedback and ways to move forward in this anti-racism work when it feels like there are so many ways to get it wrong.
This is a pretty raw, behind the scenes look as two friends who are committed to anti-racism work through criticism, discuss how to pause and process, and share ways they strive to maintain curiosity and humility.
The things we talked about…
- Dear White Peacemakers by Osheta Moore
- Subversive Witness by Dominique DuBois Gilliard
- How to Fight Racism by Jemar Tisby
- Bruxy Cavey at The Meeting House
- Follow Jamie Corbin for more support in allyship