A list of podcasts, books, and socials recommended for the work of honoring stories and embracing tensions.
- Charity Speaks: A candid conversation at the intersection of #Christianity #Blackness and #Womanhood.
- The Church Politics Podcast: Where you can get in-depth political analysis from a Christian worldview.
- Holy Post Podcast: Join VeggieTales and What’s in the Bible? creator Phil Vischer and co-host Skye Jethani (author, speaker, pastor) for a fast-paced and often funny conversation about pop culture, media, theology, and the fun, fun, fun of living a thoughtful Christian life in an increasingly post-Christian culture.
- VOX Podcast with Mike Erre: A home for the spiritually homeless; an alternative conversation about the work of Jesus in our day. (Mike Erre was a local pastor when I was a young adult whom I greatly admired. It’s been great to get to sit under his teaching again through this podcast.)
- Faith Improvised with Tim Gombis: Exploring what it means to be faithfully Christian in our always-changing world with its challenges and opportunities. An attempt to be fully alive in God’s good world and to enjoy the liberating reality of the Christian gospel.
- Theology in the Raw: Preston Sprinkle takes a fresh look at what the Bible really says, as he challenges opinions and traditions–yes, even his own. Homosexuality, sex, porn, drinking, immigration, racial tensions, violence, ISIS, Trump, guns, patriotism, you name it. If it’s of interest, you can expect Preston to address it. Think of it as theology for the rest of us.
- How to Fight Racism: Courageous Christianity and the Journey Toward Racial Justice by Jemar Tisby
- Beautiful Resistance: The Joy of Conviction in a Culture of Compromise by Jon Tyson
- Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption by Bryan Stevenson
- Might from the Margins: The Gospel’s Power to Turn the Tables on Injustice by Dennis Edwards
- Thou Shalt Not Be a Jerk: A Christian’s Guide to Engaging Politics by Eugene Cho
- Be the Bridge: Pursuing God’s Heart for Racial Reconciliation by LaTasha Morrison
- Braving the Wilderness: The Quest for True Belonging and the Courage to Stand Alone by Brené Brown
Social Media Accounts
- Joy Vetterlein: #christianmisfit, pastor, writer. Unconventional spirituality for people who love Jesus but don’t fit in at church.
- Jamie Corbin: Follower of Christ. Wife of the most loving man. Mom to 3 joyful girls. Pursuing a grace filled family life. Find Grace Every Day!
- Ben Cremer: Pastor in Boise, Idaho
- KJ Ramsey: Author+Therapist, guiding you into courageous, embodied faith
- Shawndra Lucas
- Osheta Moore: Author. Everyday Peacemaker. Anabaptist pastor. White supremacy is the worst… let’s dismantle it together.
- (&) Campaign: A coalition of biblical Christians who are determined to engage the sociopolitical arena with the compassion (&) conviction of the Gospel.
- Erin Moon: Resident Bible Scholar on @thebiblebinge. Host of Faith Adjacent. The Internet’s Leading Zac Efron Scholar.
- John Mark Comer: Pastor/teacher at Bridgetown Church in Portland, OR. Author of The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry.
- Austin Channing Brown: Writer. Speaker. Producer | Racial Justice. Faith. Black Womanhood. NYT Bestselling Author of I’m Still Here.
- Morgan Harper Nichols: artist & poet