Jamie Corbin is an educator and storyteller who has been navigating whiteness and non-whiteness her entire life thanks to her own interracial adoption at birth and her interracial marriage to her best friend, Kelvin, in 2011.
She is raising her three Afro-Latina daughters to change the world with love, by first loving themselves deeply and then sharing that love generously with others.
She is passionate about using stories to build connection and empathy with others and supporting people as they learn to become better allies for one another.
Links to things we talked about…
- Here’s a quick overview of the Enneagram, the personality framework we mention in the episode. It’s really interesting and helpful, but not a quick quiz and you’re done. In fact, most experts swear off the “quizzes,” claiming you need to study the Enneagram to fully understand where you fit and how that can help you to grow.
- Armchair Expert with Dax Shepard Podcast Episode with Daniel Goleman
- Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
- Brene Brown
- Jamie talks about “the book we’re reading right now” in our book club (affectionately dubbed our Racism Fight Club). That book is The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander
- “Love is a Verb” Andy Stanley
- African American Readings of Paul by Lisa M. Bowens
- Reading While Black by Esau McCaulley
- Color of Compromise and How to Fight Racism by Jemar Tisby
- Remember the Titans– Streaming now on Disney+.
- Morgan Harper Nichols