On this third and final episode of this series, April is joined by Jamie Corbin, Ben Cremer, Kelly Holder, and Elicia Zahm as they finish their discussion about equity versus equality, how people are created equal AND created in God’s image, the dueling theologies of the Constitution and the Bible, how this is anti-CRT rhetoric is impacting students, and what we can do on a practical level.
**Please note that this is a conversation among white community members specifically addressing how white people in their area are behaving and what needs to change; this is not intended to in any way center whiteness and/or speak on behalf of Black people about their experience. We acknowledge that no people group is a monolith, and we are are speaking from our own experiences and areas of knowledge.
The things we talked about…
- An interesting take on Matthew 19 and what Jesus says about Eunuchs
- The Color of Compromise by Jemar Tisby
- Jesus and John Wayne by Kristin Kobes Du Mez
- The Color of Law by Richard Rothstein
- Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson
- Real Black Fridays with Ryan and Ashley Gage
- Lift Every Voice: A Conversation about Grace and Racial Reconciliation with Ben Cremer and Ryan & Ashley Gage
- Subversive Witness by Dominique Gilliard
- Sharon Says So Podcast Ep. 28 w/ Emmanuel Acho (Sharon McMahon)
- Braving the Wilderness by Brene Brown
- You’re not going to believe what I’m about to tell you… (YouTube)